The Village of Menands, which is situated within the Town of Colonie has a long history of library use. On May 28, 1923 the Menands Free Library was chartered by the State of New York. Over the years, the library has been housed in several different homes throughout the village, including 5 Menand Rd., the old brick school building, where Jones Ct. is today and our present location at 4 N. Lyons Ave. where we moved in 1981.
The Board of Trustees: is the five member elected oversight board of the Menands Public Library.
Please visit the
Board of Trustees Page for information about the Trustees and past meeting minutes.
Leonard Zapala, Director
Sherry Bhatti, Youth Services
From Interstate 787, take Exit 6(from either direction). Turn right onto Broadway (Rte. 32). Go north to the first traffic light. Turn left onto Brookside Avenue and follow it to the dead-end at N. Lyons Avenue. Turn right onto N. Lyons Avenue. The library is about 500 feet ahead on the left, set back from the street behind its own parking lot.